Logiciel de calibration LIGHT SPACE CMS par Light Illusion

alex_t

Re: Logiciel de calibration LIGHT SPACE CMS par Light Illusi

Post by alex_t »

Adhara wrote:Une question me turlipine.
Actuellement les Lumagen sont capables d'exploiter un 3DLUT en 9^3 (peut être peut on espérer prochainement un capacité à exploiter un LUT en 17^3).
Quelle est l'avantage du LCMS si on travail sur un cube 9x9x9 Vs Calman ou Chromapure qui le font déjà (et qui évolueront certainement) ?

J'essaye de peser les pour et contre de cette acquisition pour mon besoin de calibrer mon téléviseur Sony.
La 3DLUT des Radiance 20XX est effectivement de dimension 9^3 ou 729 points de CMS.

Calman et Chromapure vont mesurer ces points et en fonction du delta-E obtenu et du delta-E cible ils vont apporter des corrections en rectifiant point par point la 3DLUT.

LSCMS agit différemment. LSCMS va dresser un profil du display sur par exemple 17^3 points de mesur et ensuite il va en déduire par calcul comment mettre à jour la 3DLUT du Radiance. Ce calcul prend en compte plusieurs paramètres (notamment l'ensemble des points du profil) et pas uniquement le deta-E (mais il n'y a pas de documentation dispo sur ce sujet) et surtout LSCMS va appliquer une correction de manière à ce que la calibration soit cohérente dans sa globalité.
Adhara

Post by Adhara »

Ok je comprend mieux.
On peut tout de même choisir son gamma cible avec LSCMS ?
Car or de question chez moi d'avoir du 2.4 (2.2 me va très bien).
Sony 65ZD9 / PCHC (Pink Faun I2S + OCXO + Linear PSU) / Audio-GD R2R-7 / Heed Thesis Lambda&Gamma / M-Monitors M1 / Powergrip YG-1 / Câbles: BBtech Réf,Pink Faun HDMI,Pangea
alex_t

Post by alex_t »

Adhara wrote:Ok je comprend mieux.
On peut tout de même choisir son gamma cible avec LSCMS ?
Car or de question chez moi d'avoir du 2.4 (2.2 me va très bien).
Oui on peut choisir son gamma cible, on peut même se faire un Gamut custom.

Le mieux pour la calibration est de choisir REC709 qui est la norme pour la TV HD. Avec REC709 le gamma est à 2.2 par défaut.
alex_t

Post by alex_t »

Bonjour à tous.

Une nouvelle version de Light Space est disponible : LightSpace CMS 6.5.0.1820

-- possibilité de faire une caractérisation jusqu'à 21^3 points (9.261 points)
-- possibilité de définir ses propres mires
-- possibilité de faire uniquement un quick profil pour les 21 points de gamma et greyscale
-- nouveau principe de profilage de sonde : se fait désormais à 75% pour limiter les pb liés au clipping généralement présent à 100%
-- correction relative à l'affichage du gamma quand BT1886 est la cible
-- modification du filtre VideoScale
-- nouveaux formats de LUT disponibles

Téléchargement : http://www.lightillusion.com/registrati ... space.html

a+
realzven

Post by realzven »

From Ted on avs forum
Hello, I'm sorry but my website is not ready 100% but you will have a complete idea how the disk's Full Automated (for LightSpace) / Semi-Automated (for CalMAN/ChromaPure) works when you will read the following instructions:

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk covers the 3 major software that pro/home calibratiors are using: LightSpace - CalMAN - ChromaPure.

For LightSpace the intergration with the Disk is Fully Automated, look how it works:

Intergration of Ted’s LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk with LightSpace Software for Automated Quick Profiling /10-Point Cube / 17-Point Cube Profilings without user prompt, How is this possible?

LightSpace is using 2 modes to display and measure the Patches of your SelecTED Cube Size:

Closed Loop Mode: Where the probe dictates the timings per patch, with bright patches measured much faster, darker ones need more time to be measured,

So with Closed Loop Mode you can use the LightSpace Internal Pattern Generator using you Notebook HDMI Output (with proper setup) or to use Lumagen Radiance Series as External Hardware Pattern Generator.

DIP mode (Display Independent Profiling): This mode uses a fixed time of displaying each color patch. Since the LightSpace is using the method of measuring only one time each color point, the patch sequence is fixed for each Cube Size, So My Disk is based to this fixed color point (patch) measuring order...

Example of DIP Mode:

If you select the 5 sec DIP mode, each patch isdisplayed for exact 5 sec before it goes to the next color. LightSpace has a fixed internal delay of 0.5 sec (500ms) which gives command to your meter to read each patch 0.5sec after it’s been displayed via Lumagen or via HDMI Out or via my Disk.

If you want to add some extra delay time before each Patch Measurement, LightSpace has add a Selectable bar you can add any additional time you want, and LightSpace adds your extra time selection to the 0.5sec fixed internal delay.

Example: If you select Extra Delay Time of 0.5sec, then the total delay you will have in total will be 1.0 sec (1000ms) before any meter read.

(This is something I requested from LightIlusion to Add it as a feature @ December 2012, to help Plasma Profilings for more stable measurements)

Plasma displays can benefit from adding an Extra Delay Time before each measurement; it's useful for the panel to have more stable presentation of each pattern. How to Find Out which DIP mode can be used for your display/meter?

To find out which DIP Chapter of my disk isrequiredfor your current display settings / meter settings, you have to use the Meter Time per Patch Finder Chapter of my disk which it displays the darkest colors of the selected LUT resolution and you need to measure these patches to find out which is the correct DIP mode Chapter you will need for your display profiling.

As we know, meters require more time to measure a low luminance color (Dark Patches) and also they can read faster a brighter color patch (With more Luminance). The time it takes for your meter to read the Darkest Color Patches of your selecTED LUT Size is something that you need to take some measurements to find out the max time in xxx ms that will be required.

LightSpace has a feature called Measure & Log.

By Selecting this, you will be prompt to enter a File Name, for Example you can type ''5% Red'' and after clicking ok, the LightSpace will take continuous readingsof the pattern you are displaying, as long time as you want, to stop this , press ‘’Stop Measurement’’...

After doing that, a ‘5% Red.cvs’’ file will be created and you will be able to open it with Excel to see the xyY Readings and the time it took for your meter to read this patch.

(This Measured & Log Mode is something I requested from LightIllusion to Add as a feature @ December 2012, while I was trying to find out a way to use the DIP Mode to by synced with My Disk)

This is an example of the CVS file Data contents:

Here you can see the exact time it took to read the 5% Red of my KURO, with my iD3 (I have selected 1.5sec Intergration time).

This is a good way to find out and set your Meter Intergration Time, by checking the repeatability of any patch, and compare 2-3 different Intergration time settings (1sec. 1.25sec, 1.50sec…etc..) to find out which setting have more stable and repeatable xyY measurements.

IMPORTANT DETAIL: Enabling Average Low Light Measurements IS NOT RECOMMENDED TO BE USED WITH MY DISK! Avoid this Low Average Feature because the meter is reading more that one time the same patch (probably it will take 15-40 sec to return a single xyY number)

After you have decided about your Meter Settings, by selecting the Intergration Time and the Display Type (for colorimeters only), you have to spend a few minutes to take some measurements using my Disk’s Meter Time per Patch Finder Chapter.

Example: By Selecting the 17-Point Cube Time per Patch Finder Chapter, you will see this introduction screen..

Here you are able to see the Pattern Order Sequence.

Before each displayed pattern there a notification screen which displays what pattern it will be displayed… so when you will see that 5% Red Info Screen, click Measure and Log... and enter ‘5% Red’ as a file name, to collect data about any measured color.

You have to do this for all the 5% RGBCMY+Gray+Black Patchs to examine later which is the longest meter read with your Current Display Settings.

It’s very important step to keep the Disk-Software Synced during the whole 17-Point Profiling Time.

After you have completed all the required measurements (you will have saved a similar list of measurement files like this one), you have to open each one *.CVS Data

File to find the longest in xxx.ms time it took from you meter to read it.

For example if your Longest in time read is4200ms,add +500ms to this (because LightSpace adds that 500ms internal delay before each reading)…your total max measuring time will be 4700ms… so you will have to use the 5sec DIP mode for your 17-Point Profiling using my Disk.

If you need to add extra additional time of about 1sec, then you can select that from the probe setup window and later select the 6sec DIP mode 17-Point Profiling. (Because 4200ms+500ms+1000ms will need 5700ms).

Be sure you have disabled any Screen Protection, Auto Stand-by mode or your Blu-Ray Player ‘Screen Saver Mode’ during before any Profiling Run.

How the Sync of Ted’s LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk with LightSpace CMS Software Works without user prompt for 17-Point Cube Profilings (4.913 Color Points) is working?

To sync the Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk played from your Blu-Ray Player with the software it requires ONLY ONE Synced Click from your Notebook Mouse.

My Disk’s DIP Mode Chapters are Starting with a 5 Sec of Chapter Announcement like this one:

(You can check the total chapter time here or from LightSpace software before starting the profiling measurements.)

...A 5sec 'Old Film Like' Countdown with Start,likethis one:

And when you see the last frame.....

You have to click 'OK' the LightSpace Start Measurements Confirmation Window

Click 'OK' to start the measurements or press ‘Enter Key’ from your keyboard (I prefer this for perfect timing)

For the LightSpace users, all chapters are automated with Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk.

The video below shows the chapter that Klein K-10Ausers can use since it's their meter is so fast; they can use 1 sec per patch only!.

http://youtu.be/fkZSlNFUp7w"]http://youtu.be/fkZSlNFUp7w

* Change the resolution to 1080p and run it at fullscreen.

With this method id3 users can use DIP Mode Chapter with 4 or 5 or 6 sec per Color Patch to perform a 10-Point Cube Calibration in total time between 1 hour - 1hour 40 minutes max, this is something it depends on user display and meter settings.

The LightSpace has a PercentageBar you are able to see your progress...

There is not any other user prompt till the end, After the last Color Patch is being measured, the LightSpace is saving that sesssion of measurements automatically and the same time you will see that image at your TV screen:

CalMAN use with Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk

The CalMAN Chapters are created based to the exact same pattern order sequence that CalMAN requests them.

The RGB Triplets of each color patch are exact the same as CalMAN Internal Engine works/expects.

None of my disk patterns has a small lettering indicator of which pattern you are viewing; inside or outside the pattern area. (like other calibration disks)

There is a small 2 sec Pattern Info Screen announcement before any Pattern... I have placed the Pattern Info (for example: 100% Red, 30% Gray etc.) at the right side of the screen and not at the center.....

I did that because at the center of your screen you have placed your meter ;)

After the small pattern announcement, you will see the pure pattern, like it was generated from an External Pattern Generator wink.gif

For example to run a 21-Step Grayscale Set @ CalMAN the Pattern AutoAdvance (Or use the provided workflows I'm hooking up my disk users) and select the 21-Step CalMAN Chapter of the disk.

After that each pattern will be displayed for 10 sec from the disk, you will have to click 21 times the Single Read button of CalMAN. When i was using my id3, it worked very good, I used 1 sec delay also before each meter read.

Unfortunately for C6 (which is extra slow @ low end, it will require to pause the 5-10% patches of the disk, but this has to do with the display you are measuring, for LCD/LED maybe will not required)

I have decide 10sec for each patch because these CalMAN/ChromaPure Chapters are mainly for verification purpose, this means a quick read per color, but if someone needs to perform a 1D LUT Calibration, he can do this by using it's pause button.

No need for IR Controlling, The Chapter for CalMAN or ChromaPure are Auto-Changing every 10 sec. to the next required pattern.

For Example to perform a Color Checker Classic Run you have to press 24 mouse clicks for the meter to read; using my workflow below:

I have uploadTED an example video to show how it works.

Each Chapter starts with 5 sec of Chapter Information Details, and after that there is a 2sec pattern announcement to prepare you of what you will measure and 1 sec of black frame and then 10sec for the color patch, if you like you can use your player remote next button to go faster to the next patch or leave it without user prompt to finish the total pattern displaying.

http://youtu.be/3dOg7HafBBw"]http://youtu.be/3dOg7HafBBw

ChromaPure use with Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk

Same as explained at CalMAN infos above.

Each ChromaPure Chapter starts with a 5 sec of Chapter Information Details, and after that there is a 2 sec pattern info announcement before each color patch to prepare you of what you will measure; after that pattern info announcement there is 1 sec of black frame and then 10 sec for the color patch, if you like you can use your player remote next button to go faster to the next color patch.

RGB Triplets from each Color Patch are coming from the exact RGB Triplets that ChromaPure Color Engine Calculations are based.

Each ChromaPure Chapter has the exact pattern order as ChromaPure request it.

Video Example:

Verify Calibration Tools - ChromaPure: 4-Step Amplitude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbvty56uTIA

You can say that CalMAN / ChromaPure intergration with my disk is Semi-automated, since the user will have only to simply perform some single measurements clicks.
realzven

Post by realzven »

Ted's LightSpace calibration disk MP4 sampler

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1454804/teds- ... t_24323548
Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk - MP4/MKV Media Files Version Sampler

Users they are sking me if the Media Files Version of my Disk is compatible with their players, so I'm uploading here for all a Test Chapter in both formats for those who need to check.

I have include 2 versions of MP4/MKV Files for each CalMAN/ChromaPure or LightSpace Meter Setup Chapters.

One version of the files has 1 File per Chapter and it's encoded with included Chapter Marks informations, if your device is supporting Chapter Marks for MP4/MKV Files then you will be able to change the Chapters using your player remote control left-right buttons, but it has to do with the device you are using, if it supports chapters on MP4 or MKV files or if it handles them as a single file without Chapters.

These files are located in CalMAN/ChromaPure or LightSpace Meter Setup Folders.

The other version of that files are located in subfolders of these directories and it's the splited version of color patches at separate files.

For example, inside the 11-Step Grayscale file folder you will find 11 files; each file per color patch (named as 01. 0% Black , 02. 10% Grey, 03. 20% Gray etc.) and your media player will auto advanced to the next color patch since these files are located in the same folder, but you will able to navigate thou the previous/next pattern using your player remote next-previous buttons.

The loading delay time between each file is expected to be at ~0.1-0.5s range because the file format stays the same.
alex_t

Post by alex_t »

Bonjour à tous.

Des outils sont désormais disponibles pour LS via ce site : http://displaycalibrationtools.com/

Ils ne sont pas gratuits dans le sens où il faut passer par la case donation pour y avoir accès. Je trouve cela moyen, une boutique plus classique aurait été plus opportun. Néanmoins, les outils proposés me semblent assez intéressants pour franchir le pas, chose que je vais faire rapidement.

Je vous ferrai un retour lors de ma prochaine séance de calibration.

a+
alex_t

Post by alex_t »

Bonjour à tous.

Je suis en train de tester la 3DLUT 17x17x17 de mon Radiance 2143 via Light Space CMS. Pour le test j'ai pris un profile (optimisé sur 3000 points) que j'avais fait il y moins de 3 mois et j'ai régénéré la 3DLUT sur 4913 points. La génération a pris moins de 10s et le téléchargement a pris environ 15 mns (j'ai remonté ce temps à Light Illusion qui m'a expliqué que des optimisations étaient encore possibles, nous verrons)

Je pense que le firmware du Lumagen n'est pas encore totalement aboutit (je leur ai envoyé un rapport détaillé de petites tracasseries que j'ai relevées) mais quand ça veut bien fonctionner l'image est alors splendide. Je ne pensais pas gagner encore en qualité car le JVC X35 étant assez linéaire, je pensais que la 3DLUT 9x9x9 suffisait (mais j'espérai que non ;) )

Ma 1ere constatation est la suivante : comme l'a précisé Jim Perterson, le président de Lumagen, je pense sincèrement qu'une 3DLUT 17x17x17 représente le meilleur compromis. En effet, dès lors que le diffuseur possède une certaine linéarité RVB (ce qui est de plus en plus le cas) et que l'interpréteur de 3DLUT possède un bon processing vidéo (d'interpolation) comme c'est le cas pour le Radiance, il est alors probablement inutile d'aller au delà de 4913 points. [je compte tout de même tester une 3DLUT 64x64x64 via madVR (sans le Radiance) dans quelques temps pour m'en assurer]

Ma 2ieme constatation : la 3DLUT sur 4913 points apporte de la précision. Je l'ai constaté sur des scènes particulières comme les gros plans sur des visages (les couleurs sont plus réalistes), les scènes sombres (il y a moins de bruit) et les scènes ou le sombre et le lumineux se côtoient (tout est bien équilibré).

Tout ceci demande à être confirmé dans le temps mais je peux vous assurer que la 3DLUT 4913 points n'est pas un gadget et que son utilité est, de mon point de vue, sans conteste.

Si j'en ai le temps (et si Lumagen sort un nouveau firmware d'ici là), je referai une caractérisation complète du JVC X35 ce WE, sur 9261 points cette fois-ci pour voir si la génération d'une 3DLUT sur 4913 points s'en trouve améliorée.

a+
alex_t

Post by alex_t »

Bonjour à tous.

J'aimerais partager avec vous un petit programme que je viens d'écrire et qui tourne sous Windows XP ou plus récent, version 32b ou 64b. Je l'ai nommé JPAD et il est totalement gratuit.

JPAD permet de surveiller Light Space CMS quand il fait un profil. Le principe est simple. Sur une période que l'on peut choisir entre 15mns, 30mns ou 1 heure, JPAD va faire une capture de l'écran principal, stocker le fichier sur le disque dur et si vous le souhaitez JPAD enverra la capture d'écran par email à l'adresse que vous aurez définie.

Une fois le profil terminé, JPAD pourra aussi envoyer une commande pour éteindre le diffuseur (sur un port série RS232) ainsi que le générateur de mires externe (sur un port série RS232) et enfin éteindre l'ordinateur (et donc la sonde utilisée pour les mesures)

Pour que JPAD fonctionne correctement, vous devez utiliser Light Space CMS revision 6.6.3.1986 [13 October 2014] ou plus récent et activer la nouvelle option “close application when done” que Light Space CMS propose désormais et qui lui permet de se fermer automatiquement quand le profil est terminé. (pour info, Light Illusion a ajouté cette option à ma demande et je les en remercie chaleureusement :bravo: )

Deux exemples d'utilisation:

- vous lancer un profil avant d'aller vous coucher et JPAD s'occupera d'éteindre votre système dès le profil est terminé. Vous aurez des captures d'écran sur votre disque dur ainsi qu'un fichier de log pour vous s'assurer le lendemain que tout à fonctionner correctement.

ou

- vous lancer un profil et vous configurez JPAD pour qu'il vous envoie un email toutes les 15mns ou 30mns ou 60mns. Ensuite, à l'aide de votre smart device et d'une connexion internet vous pouvez suivre à distance l'évolution du profil tout en faisant quelque chose de plus intéressant que de surveiller Light Space CMS.

Les équipement pris en charge sont:

- vidéo projecteur JVC et SIM2 ayant un port série SR232
- Lumagen Radiance, tous modèles
- lecteur de blu-ray OPPO avec un port série RS232

Je peux ajouter des appareils si on me donne leur spécification RS232.

JPAD rev0.80 est disponible pour téléchargement à l'adresse: http://www.datafilehost.com/d/dc117579
(décochez "Use our download manager and get recommended downloads" si vous ne souhaitez pas installer le plugin que vous propose datafilehost.com)

Avec l'exécutable vous trouverez un manuel utilisateur en anglais, je peux le traduire en français au besoin.

C'est une version béta. Je l'ai testé en faisant un full profile et avec mon matériel (JVC X35, Lumagen Radiance 2143, i1D3, Laptop avec Windows 8.1 64b).

Tous vos commentaires et critiques sont les bienvenus.

J'en parle aussi sur le forum de Light Illusion: http://www.lightillusion.com/forums/ind ... &topic=279

a+
alex_t

Post by alex_t »

Une nouvelle version de JPAD est dispo: http://www.lightillusion.com/forums/ind ... 79#msg1827